Are you are creating an online course with CITL, and want to include copyright material that is not your own (whether it meets the Fair Dealing Requirements or not)?
On Campus Courses
Are you teaching a course on campus, and need to reproduce more than the Fair Dealing Requirements allow?
Or perhaps you wish to include copyright material in print for sale at a campus bookstore?
Please email the Copyright Office with the following information:
- Instructor name
- Phone number
- Course name/number
- Online or on-campus course
- Number of students (ceiling)
- Semester required
- How the material will be copied (e.g. LMS/password protected website, Leganto/e-reserve, course manual in the bookstore, etc.)
If copying from a book:
- Book title
- Title of excerpt/image/etc.
- Authors of excerpt/image/etc. (if different than above)
- Page number(s) of excerpt/image/etc.
- City of Publication
- Total number of pages in the book (including roman numerals)
If copying from a journal:
- Article title
- Journal title
- Page numbers
If copying from a website:
- Title of the excerpt/image
- Author(s) (if any)
- Name of website
- Url of website
- Original source (if any) - be sure to provide a URL of any image you use in context (this is used to identify who the photographer is, date, etc.)
Memorial University of Newfoundland
G.A. Hickman Building, Room ED-2000M
St. John's, NL A1B 3X8
Tel: (709) 864-2089 or 864-7578