2018 Video Archive
Special Presentations & Keynotes
The following are archived webcasts that were streamed during the 2018 event:
Dr. Noreen Golfman, provost and vice-president (academic), Memorial University
Dr. Danny Dyer, Faculty of Science, Memorial University
Plenary session: A leadership panel on transformative learning
Dr. Alice Gaudine, dean, School of Nursing
Dr. Donna Hardy-Cox, dean, School of Social Work
Dr. Jeff Keshen, vice-president, Grenfell Campus
Dr. Robert Shea, vice-president (academic and student affairs), Marine Institute
Industry keynote - "Fireside Chat"
Mr. John Baker, president and CEO, D2L
with Mr. Ryan Murphy, Student Life, Memorial University
Dr. David Helfand, Department of Astronomy, Columbia University
Breakout Session Recordings
Breakout sessions in two rooms (A-1043, A-1046) were recorded with Lecture Capture. The following recordings are available:
- Effective teaching and transformational learning: You can't have one without the ooooother
- Engaging 250 students with bubbles and tinfoil: Active learning in large classrooms
- Fostering transformative learning experiences through the use of Universal Design in Learning
- From transaction to transformation - an evolving perspective on accessibility advising
- Happy about safety: A workplace safety iBooks creation project
- Leadership in curricula: A cross-disciplinary partnership
- LEADing the way - Integrating interdisciplinary community-collaborative programming
- Mastering Einstein's relativity in 50 minutes: A collaborative exercise in abstract reasoning
- The transformative learning of the 'Dear data' project
- Transformation through 'translation': Combining components of learning in assignment design
- Universal design in action: A panel on Universal Design for Learning
Effective teaching and transformational learning: You can't have one without the ooooother
Presented by Dr. Trudi Johnson, Faculty of Education; Albert Johnson, Centre for Innovation in Teaching & Learning.
Fostering transformative learning experiences through the use of Universal Design in Learning
Presented by Jason Geary, CITL; Dr. Gabrielle Young, Faculty of Education; Dr. Ailsa Craig, Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences, Memorial University.
LEADing the way - Integrating interdisciplinary community collaborative programming
Presented by Mx. Taylor Stocks, Harris Centre; Dr. Andrea Rose, Faculty of Education; Dr. Kim Myrick, Centre for Innovation in Teaching & Learning, Memorial University.
The Transformative Learning of the "Dear data" Project
Moderated by Mr. Patrick Wells, Faculty of Education, Memorial University.
Panelists include: Dr. Cecile Badenhorst, Faculty of Education; Dr. Beverly Fitzpatrick, School of Pharmacy; Julia Halfyard, Faculty of Education, Memorial University.
Universal Design in Action: A Panel on Universal Design for Learning
Moderated by Jason Geary, CITL, Memorial University.
Panelists include: Dr. Ailsa Craig, Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences; Dr. Gabrielle Young, Faculty of Education; Catherine Shortall, Blundon Centre; Jen D'eon, Graduate Student, Memorial University.