Call for proposals
The call for proposals is now closed.
This year, Memorial University’s annual Teaching and Learning Conference will be virtual, and will focus on the importance of meaningful relationships in teaching and learning with the theme, Getting to the Heart of Learning.
People crave personal and meaningful interactions in their learning and their lives. The importance of connection has especially been highlighted by the COVID-19 pandemic and the move to remote teaching and learning. By better understanding how we can develop enriching relationships with students, peers and members of our communities, we can create real, human connections that make a positive, lasting impact on learning experiences at Memorial.
As an institution, we have also expressed a vision for teaching and learning in which Memorial connects learners and educators to each other, the community and the world (TLF 2023). It is time we focus on understanding how to develop meaningful connections, and the impact they make individually and collectively.
Educators, researchers, staff, students and alumni are invited to come together and explore how we can create and enable meaningful connections for engaged learning.
- What evidence-based strategies can we use to initiate relationship-building in the classroom (face-to-face or online)?
- How can we cultivate meaningful interactions between learners, educators and our communities?
- What role can inclusive teaching play in making connections?
- How can we assess the connections we make and their impact on learning?
- What did we learn from our experiences within the remote environment that can help us connect learners to each other, their instructors, course content and the community?
As you prepare your proposal, please keep the theme and questions in mind.
Extended Deadline for Proposals: 12 p.m., Monday, March 22, 2021
Submit a proposal
Before completing the online proposal form, feel free to review the PDF version to see the questions ahead of time and to begin preparing your responses.
Once you are ready to submit a proposal for a conference session, please complete this online form:
- Conference Proposal Form