Teaching Skills Enhancement Program (Educators)
Teaching is a central part of our university’s mandate. Memorial University is committed to providing opportunities for the professional development of its educators. The Teaching Skills Enhancement Program (TSEP) for Educators is designed to provide an introduction to teaching at the undergraduate level.
The TSEP for Educators is a semester-long program that enhances the knowledge of teaching and learning among faculty members, contractual instructors, postdoctoral fellows and per course instructors. A key emphasis of the program is to create a community of practice among all educators at Memorial. The Centre for Innovation in Teaching and Learning (CITL) is the sponsor the TSEP.
The program is intended to help you learn pedagogical knowledge and basic teaching techniques that you can apply in the classroom. It is delivered using a variety of online and face-to-face methods. As a participant, you will take part in twelve weekly seminars using program content that is available in a Brightspace (D2L) site, and you will also produce an online reflective learning portfolio.
Specific objectives of the program include:
- Providing educators with a basic knowledge of teaching strategies and techniques;
- Introducing educators to the scholarship of teaching and learning, as it relates to classrooms within their particular discipline;
- Exploring the use of technology in the learning environment;
- Understanding the importance of peer collaboration and mentorship for ongoing professional development;
- Considering key aspects of learner-centered teaching and assessment.
The TSEP for Educators is free and participants will receive a certificate of completion upon successfully finishing the program. If you have any questions regarding the program, its nature or requirements contact Educator Development (firstname.lastname@example.org) or (709) 864-3028.
Faculty members, contractual instructors, postdoctoral fellows, instructional staff and per course instructors are invited to participate in this program.