Teaching Skills Enhancement Program (TSEP) for Educators
Teaching is a central part of our university’s mandate. Memorial University is committed to providing opportunities for the professional development of its educators. The Teaching Skills Enhancement Program (TSEP) is designed to provide an introduction to teaching at the undergraduate level.
The TSEP is a 12-week program that enhances the knowledge of teaching and learning among faculty members, contractual instructors, postdoctoral fellows, instructional staff and per course instructors. A key emphasis of the program is to create a community of practice among all educators at Memorial. The Centre for Innovation in Teaching and Learning (CITL) is the sponsor the TSEP.
The program is intended to help you learn pedagogical knowledge and basic teaching techniques that you can apply in the classroom. The TSEP is delivered using a variety of online and face-to-face methods. As a participant, you will take part in twelve weekly seminars using program content that is available in a Brightspace site, and you will also produce an online reflective learning portfolio.
Specific goals of the program include:
- Foster student and educator engagement through effective teaching
- Build confidence and capacity in teaching abilities
- Introduce theories related to adult learning and teaching in higher education and how they can benefit your teaching
- Stimulate dialogue within a community of other educators, and foster individual reflection about student engagement and effective teaching
- Provide support for participants as they undertake their teaching activities
- Provide opportunities to develop teaching skills
- Familiarize educators with the challenges and rewards of teaching
The TSEP is free and participants will receive a certificate of completion upon successfully finishing the program.
We welcome participation from faculty members, contractual instructors, postdoctoral fellows, instructional staff and per course instructors.
For further information on this program offering, please contact Educator Development (email@example.com) or call (709) 864-3028.